Header Ads

Theo Walcott Reveals Secret Behind Improved Arsenal Form

Theo Walcott
For much of his time at Arsenal, Theo Walcott has been seen as a weak link in Arsene Wenger’s squad. That has especially been the case in recent seasons as the once highly promising winger has struggled with injuries and poor form, GiveMeSport reports.

However, the 27-year-old looks like a man reborn this season and his goal against Chelsea at the weekend was his third of the Premier League campaign already.
For Gunners fans, the improved form of Walcott has been one of the most pleasing, yet surprising, aspects of Arsenal’s good start to the season. But just what does the pacey wide man put it down to?
Speaking ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League tie against Basel tonight, Walcott revealed things started to change over the summer once something “changed in his system”.
“Me and the manager sat down and I’ve just looked at myself. There’s no point dwelling on the past – that’s what I’m like,” he told the media, via The Sun.
“I’ve just been working tremendously hard and I know what I can do….I found it difficult towards the end of last season, I didn’t get many opportunities.”
“I spoke to many people and woke up something in my system – I am completely different.”
After losing his place in Arsenal’s starting XI to Alex Iwobi at the tale end of last season, and then missing out on selection for England’s Euro 2016 squad, there’s no doubt that Walcott had to re-assess his future over the summer.
With the help of Wenger and some other close confidants, it looks like it has proved very fruitful for both the winger himself and Arsenal.
“I want this team to do well and you can see that in my desire and the way that I’m playing at the moment,” he continued.
“Maybe in the past I was thinking about others and not myself.”
Whilst Gooners will be delighted to see Walcott return to the sort of form he is capable of, there must also be a sense of frustration that the former Southampton man has wasted the past few seasons.
That frustration, it turns out, is shared by Walcott himself.
“It’s a shame maybe it should have hit me a few years ago because there’s been a slight change in my whole attitude.”
Only time will tell if Walcott is able to maintain his strong start to the season, but the signs are certainly positive just now.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.