Header Ads

Chelsea Attacker Laughs Off Paris Saint-Germain Rumours and Pledges Future to Blues

Shuan Botterill / Getty Images
Chelsea winger Willian has rubbished rumours of a move to Paris Saint-Germain, and insists that he wants to end his career at Chelsea, 90min reports.
The Brazilian endeared himself to the Stamford Bridge faithful when he pulled out of a deal to join rivals Tottenham Hotspur and signed for them instead back in 2013, and will have done himself a lot of good with this latest statement to France Football.
Willian has been one of Chelsea’s best performers in recent times, and was the only attacker to maintain good form during the Blues’ previous campaign. He hasn’t been as consistent in this one –  and that’s probably down to his mother’s ill health – but helped Chelsea to a 2-0 win over Hull City in their last match with a top drawer effort.
Reports had linked the player with a move to PSG, claiming that the French side had drawn up an impressive scouting report as a result of last season’s performances. However, the 28-year-old has said that he never received any offer from them, and furthermore, wants to remain at Stamford Bridge for the long haul.
“I read some things in the press on this topic but personally, I never received a concrete offer from PSG,” he said.
“My family feels good in London and I love the Premier League, which is the best in the world.
“I am growing in a team that plays beautiful football, something which is important in my eyes. For all of these reasons, I intend to see out my contract and perhaps even extend it a little further if the club offers me the chance.
“It would be a privilege to finish my career at a club as big as Chelsea.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.