Header Ads

Arsene Wenger Reveals Reasons Behind Jack Wilshere Loan And Hints At Contract Extension Offer

Alex Livesey / Getty Images
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hinted that on-loan Bournemouth midfielder Jack Wilshere will be handed an extension to his contract before next summer, according to Sky Sports.
Wilshere was sent out on loan to the south coast club on transfer deadline day in August, and has rediscovered top form in his first few months of playing at the Vitality Stadium.
The two teams meet at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday afternoon, but the England man will miss the game because he’s ineligible to play against his parent club.
Wenger though has admitted ahead of the game that the idea behind his loan was to give Wilshere the chance to get back to his best, so that he’d be ready to compete for a place in Arsenal’s midfield next season, 90min reports.
He said on the potential contract extension:
“Of course. Ideally [it will be addressed before next summer]. We have to plan around the new year.
“I ask every week how did he play but I haven’t spoken to him. I leave him to talk to his manager. When I can watch him, I do watch him.
“I am happy that he is developing well. It was a good decision for him to go to get regular football. He is getting stronger every week and that is exactly what he needed. When a player like Jack is in top form, you miss him.
“I let him go this season because we bought Granit Xhaka, we haveMohamed ElnenyAaron Ramsey, and I thought if he doesn’t play regularly and wasn’t fit enough to be in the position to start games…so I let him go.
“After, we see how he goes at the end of the season. If Jack comes back to his right level he will play for us.
“My feeling is I want him back. He always said he is an Arsenal man. If you only think about yourself then you go where you like to be. The word ‘loyalty’ isn’t even the right word. He always said he was an Arsenal man.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.