Header Ads

Happy Iheanacho Signs New Manchester City Deal, Earns Guardiola Praise

Ihenacho
Nigeria forward Kelechi Iheanacho has committed his future to Manchester City by signing a new extension to his current deal, Complete Sports Nigeria reports.

The new deal suggests that the Super Eagles star has earned the trust and adniration of new Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola.
“Striker Kelechi Iheanacho has signed a new two-year contract extension with City,” the Manchester City website announced on Thursday.
“The 19-year-old Nigeria international, who scored 14 times in all competitions last season, is one of the game’s finest young forwards and will now stay with the Club until at least 2021.”
A deloghted Iheanacho, who had his breakthrough campaign last season, said:
“I can’t express how I’m feeling! I’m very happy to sign my new deal for this Club, I’m excited.”
“I just need to keep working hard and express my feelings on the pitch, and work really well and do great things for the team. I’m happy and I appreciate everything the Club has done for me so far at this point so I really need to help and work for them as well.”
Guardiola praised Iheanacho, saying:
“Kelechi is a natural goal-scorer. I knew about him before, but I’ve been really impressed with him since I arrived.”
“I like his personality, his attitude, his ability – we hope to help him reach the highest level and to realise his full potential.”
Iheanacho made a first-team impact at City back in 2014 on the summer tour of America, having caught the eye for Nigeria at the Under 17 World Cup a year before.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.