Header Ads

David Moyes Admits Sunderland Job Even Tougher Than Expected With Relegation Battle Looming

Steve Welsh / Getty Images
Sunderland boss David Moyes has admitted to finding his role at the Stadium of Light ‘tougher than expected’ with his side already facing a relegation dog fight so early in the campaign, 90min reports.
The Black Cats find themselves bottom of the Premier League table without a win to their name yet this season, and with West Bromwich Albion their next opponents in a bruising start for Moyes’ men, and according to the Mirror, the Scotsman has suggested that despite finding it tough, he is still prepared for a battle.
“I still want the job,” said Moyes.
“I still want to make it the best I can possibly do. When I came in, I wanted an exciting challenge and that hasn’t changed. It’s more difficult than I thought to begin with, I will say that.
“This club can’t get a period of stability or identity, where players can come and say, ‘I’m here for a project’. It just feels like a revolving door – and that needs to stop somewhere.”
The former Everton and Manchester United manager has also admitted that a small transfer budget combined with injuries and the pressure of finding results means that the club are in a relegation battle, but Moyes has indicated that he is to be honest with what he believes his squad can achieve.
“The main things supporters notice are what happens on the pitch,” continued Moyes.
“I want to get that right as quickly as possible. I’m governed a little by transfer windows and by money to spend. So I’d like to be able to change things a lot quicker, but it’s not that easy.
“Yeah, it could be interpreted like that. But honest is all I can be. I think people would rather you tell them the truth, than untruths.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.