Header Ads

Funes Mori Casts Doubts Over Everton Future Due To Lack Of First Team Football

Lynne Cameron / Getty Images
Everton defender Ramiro Funes Mori has revealed that he could leave Everton if he isn’t handed more first-team opportunities by the end of the season, 90min reports.
The Argentine international has made just two starts under new boss Ronald Koeman this season, with the partnership of Phil Jagielka and Ashley Williams remaining first-choice.
Funes Mori, who is a regular at the centre of defence for Argentina, is aware that he could be forced to move in order to keep his spot in the national side.
“I started playing, but then the manager decided I had to be a substitute,” Mori told La Nacion, as quoted by TeamTalk.
“I’ll see how things are going, because if I don’t play I will look for a way out to have that continuity of which we spoke, because my place in the national team is also based on playing.
“Although Paton [Edgardo Bauza, Argentina manager] gives me great confidence, I need continuity. And to play – at Everton or elsewhere.”
The 25-year-old appeared 37 times for Everton last season following a £9.5m switch from River Plate, but Ashley Williams’ £12m switch from Swansea this summer has seen Funes Mori relegated to the bench on a number of occasions.
The talented defender is currently on international duty and he bagged his first goal for Argentina on Friday, scoring against Peru in a 2-2 draw.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.