Header Ads

Gary Cahill Aims to Prove Critics Wrong as He Looks to Abandon 'Basic Errors'

PAUL ELLIS / Getty Images
Gary Cahill has promised to prove his critics wrong by correcting the ‘basic errors’ he’s made while playing for Chelsea this season. Cahill has had a mixed start to life under new boss Antonio Conte and heads into the international break low on confidence with his recent performances being well below par, 90min reports.
The Independent report that the former Bolton man has said:
”I don’t care what anybody says, I don’t listen to anybody. The only people I have to prove myself to is the manager of the football club that I’m playing at and my teammates that I’m playing with.
“For me, my form up to Swansea (2-2 draw in September) was fine. I was playing well, I was happy, but then I made a few big errors and we all know that when you make a few errors in football, basic ones as well, it gets noticed. I’m not stupid.
“But if you make a couple of mistakes in a couple of big games, then all of a sudden the whole season is tarnished like you’re having a bit of a nightmare.
“Yet it’s not like you can turn around and say ‘he’s lost his legs or is being beaten all ends up’. I basically made my own mistakes out of nothing, so as ridiculously as bad as they were, they are also easy to correct.”
Chelsea currently sit seventh in the table and have one win in their last four league games, but beat Hull 2-0 on Saturday and hopefully Cahill can take the momentum from this win into the England camp and their World Cup qualifying matches this week.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.