Header Ads

Gerard Pique Reveals The Lame Chat-up Line Which Helped Him Win Shakira's Heart

David Ramos / Getty Images
He may be one of the best defenders in the world, but when it comes to chatting someone up, even Gerard Pique isn’t immune to embarrassment, according to 90min.
In an interview with Spanish channel, TV3, he spoke not only of his future in the game, but also revealed how he won the heart of singing sensation, Shakira.
He revealed:
“First time I met Shakira was in Madrid when we filmed the video for Waka Waka before the 2010 World Cup and I asked for her number.
“She arrived in South Africa before us (Spain’s national team) because she was singing at the opening ceremony. I sent her a text asking how the weather was because we were arriving in a few days.
“This is a typical stupid question that you write and normally get a response like, ‘it’s cold, bring a coat’. But she writes a long paragraph, detailing the change in temperature throughout the day.”
He added:
“I thought, Jesus, this is not normal. It was in those details that I could tell there was affection.
“We started messaging each other throughout the tournament, but the only chance I would have of seeing her would be at the final because she was performing the closing ceremony.
“I told her that if I had to reach the final to see her I would do so. And that was the second time we met, after the World Cup Final.”
Not only did Pique win the World Cup that year with Spain, but also the heart of the singer who he has been with ever since, talk about good luck!
So there you go, don’t ever let anyone tell you that lame chat-up lines don’t work. There’s hope for us all.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.