Header Ads

Liverpool Target Jordan Amavi Reveals Why He Chose To Stay At Aston Villa This Summer

FRANCK FIFE / Getty Images
Liverpool target Jordan Amavi has explained why he chose to stay at Aston Villa rather than pursuing a move to Anfield, according to 90min.
The Aston Villa left back told France Football that it was his choice to pass on a move this summer, despite interest from Liverpool and other Premier League clubs.
Liverpool have had issues in the left back position lately, with the inconsistency of Alberto Moreno and injuries forcing Jurgen Klopp to select midfielder James Milner in that role.
Despite Amavi having the opportunity to remain in the Premier League, he said it was down to him where he plied his trade this season.
He said:
“Staying wasn’t a forced decision. The club counts on me, I was determined to come back from my injury. Especially since I received many messages from fans. They appreciate me, and even made a song for me.”
He also thanked the fans after the Villa supporters made a new chant for him.
“I can’t sing it, you can look it up on the internet. I was away a long time, but they’ve always been behind me, always believed in me. They never stopped sending me messages,” he added.
The 22-year-old moved to Villa Park from OGC Nice in 2015 for £7.7m after an impressive season in France in which he scored four times. However his season ended after just 12 games due to a knee injury he picked up in November whilst on international duty with the France Under-21’s.
The full-back has made seven appearances so far this campaign since returning from injury.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.