Header Ads

Manchester City Forward Sergio Aguero Admits Pep Guardiola Is 'Picky About Everything'

OLI SCARFF / Getty Images
Sergio Aguero has admitted that he is finally coming to terms with working under the “picky” demands of new manager Pep Guardiola, 90min reports.
Aguero has started the season on fire under the former Barcelona manager, scoring 11 goals in 8 matches.
Asked about the influence and demands of the manager and how his role differs to former Argentina boss Tata Martino, the striker told Argentine paper Ole:
“He wants me right as a nine, but then he gives me more freedom too. He asks me to move all around the attack.
“On the other hand, Tata wanted me between the two defenders, to create more space for Leo MessiDi Maria or Pastore or Banega. Pep is different.”
The 28-year-old scored in Pep’s first official match of the season during a 2-1 win over Sunderland.
Talking further of the managers influence, he added:
“Pep is very picky about everything. It’s good. The good thing is that I’m getting used to him and automatically going straight in to pressing the centre-backs.
“On the other hand, here at the national team I did it against Peru, and I realised I left the midfield unprotected.”

No comments

Powered by Blogger.