Header Ads

'Cristiano, I Hate You' - Ronaldo Reveals What Antoine Griezmann Told Him

VALERY HACHE / Getty Images
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that Atletico Madrid hero Antoine Griezmann told him ‘Cristiano, I hate you’ directly to his face after a chance encounter at a Miami restaurant during the summer, although it’s not quite what you think, according to 90min.
Griezmann finished on the losing side to Ronaldo in major finals twice in the space of two months after first suffering the pain of defeat in the Champions League with Atletico and then again at Euro 2016 with France, but his comment was in jest and there’s no bad blood.
“It’s funny, because shortly after the (Euro) final, on vacation in Miami, I met Antoine Griezmann in a restaurant where he was dining with his fiancée,” Ronaldo explained in an interview withFrance Football.
“He came to see me at my table and said with a smile, ‘Cristiano, I hate you!'”
Griezmann enjoyed the best season of his career in 2015/16, scoring 32 times for Atletico in all competitions. He played well in the Champions League final but missed from the penalty spot during normal time before Real went on to win in the penalty shootout.
“He’s my neighbour in Madrid, and last season he played very well and lost both times, but he’s a nice guy,” Ronaldo commented.
The Portuguese scored the winning spot kick for Real in the Champions League, but he was relegated to the role of spectator at the Euros two months later after an early injury prematurely ended his participation in the final.
“I returned to the dressing room for the team doctor to do a quick diagnosis on me. I was crying because I feared it even more serious. The doctor quickly reassured me, but I continued to cry,” he said.
Ronaldo later returned to the side of the pitch to will his team-mates to victory.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.