Header Ads

Everton Fan Loses Wallet At Leicester Match - But Gets it Back In The Most Unexpected Way!

Laurence Griffiths / Getty Images
Everton fan Matthew Ball probably thought his wallet was gone for good when he lost it earlier this week in Leicester.
The Toffees fan had travelled to the King Power Stadium to see his side beat the Foxes 2-0, but the win was somewhat marred by the loss of his wallet. However, Ball will soon be reunited with his personal item after it made its way back to Liverpool in the most unlikely way.
“Before kick off I realised I’d lost my wallet and I assumed I’d been pick-pocketed,” Ball told the Leicester Mercury.
“I was worried about my cards and rang my dad to get him to cancel them all. It was only when I got home that I got a tweet off Leicester City to say they had found the wallet and given it to the Everton club secretary to bring home for me.
“There was about £70 in it but the most important thing for me was that there was some sentimental stuff, like mementos from my holidays in it.
“And everything was still in it when it was found and I’m really grateful.”
The wallet travelled back to Liverpool via the Everton team bus, and was delivered to Everton’s Finch Farm training complex. David, Matthew’s dad, recently called Leicester City to say thanks for their part in finding the wallet.
“We don’t know if a steward or a fan picked it up or what but we’re really grateful that Matthew got the wallet back with all the money and everything in it,” he said.
“In this day and age there’s so much negativity going on in football – I think the club and the city need to be praised.
“People need to know that good things like this happen.
“Matthew’s been a fan of Everton all his life and I think he’s really pleased to have his wallet back but over the moon that his wallet traveled on the first team’s bus!” 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.